Re: RFS: EsoRex - - Execution Tool for European Southern Observatory pipelines

On 10/12/2011 07:12 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "esorex".
>
>  * Package name    : esorex
>    Version         : 3.9.0-1
>    Upstream Author : ESO Project Team <cpl-help@eso.org>
>  * URL             : http://www.eso.org/sci/software/cpl/esorex.html
>  * License         : GPLv2
>    Section         : science
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> esorex     - Execution Tool for European Southern Observatory pipelines
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/esorex
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>   dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/esorex/esorex_3.9.0-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> Ole Streicher

the package does not build in an almost clean unstable chroot (cpl b-d
installed)
Its missing a bunch of links:

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -fno-builtin
-L/usr/lib  -lltdl  -o esorex er_fileutils.o er_help.o er_main.o
er_params.o er_paramutils.o er_plugin.o er_pluginlist.o er_stringarray.o
er_stringutils.o er_paf.o -lcplui -lcpldfs -lltdl -ldl  -lnsl
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -fno-builtin -o esorex er_fileutils.o
er_help.o er_main.o er_params.o er_paramutils.o er_plugin.o
er_pluginlist.o er_stringarray.o er_stringutils.o er_paf.o  -L/usr/lib
-lcplui -lcpldfs /usr/lib/libltdl.so -ldl -lnsl
/usr/bin/ld: er_main.o: undefined reference to symbol 'cpl_get_description'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'cpl_get_description' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib/libcplcore.so.12 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libcplcore.so.12: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [esorex] Error 1

as with cpl there are a couple of file from the FSF in the source not
mentioned in debian/copyright

you use dh-autoreconf so you don't need to depend on autotools-dev.