Re: Licsensing scientific data

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 03:01:22PM +0200, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> I am not sure why you should disallow change at all, and would

I do not want to.

> strongly argue against it. Not being able to mix, change, build on
> other work, does not sound very useful to science to me.
>
> Can you please elaborate on your specific example, and why changing
> that data would be evil?

I was refering to

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/07/msg00146.html

The problem is that several data are released under

  Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-ND 3.0)

which will move an important package for Debian Med (emboss) into
non-free.  I would like to prevent this and we are seeking arguments to
convince authors to use a free license.