Re: ntl

Hi,

So, I actually want to help but to be honest I don't understand about
half of what is going on. I tried doing something simple, I made a
debian/watch file. Since I do not have rights to the git repo, I'll
just copy it here (It's 3 lines long, I don't think it should be a
problem:

debian/watch:

version=3
http://www.shoup.net/ntl/download.html  \
  ntl-(.*)\.tar\.gz

I was looking at the copyrights as well, and I found that src/ZZ.c has
some code from md5.c. It actually looks like it comes from this file:
people.csail.mit.edu/rivest/Md5.c
I was first thinking to just add the copyright to the debian/copyright
file. But then, I thought it would probably be better to just link to
the code that should already be in Debian. Unfortunately, I could not
really find it. To me, it looks as if it is in the kernel, but the
file md5.c in the kernel sources did not have the code used in ZZ.c.
Is it worth it trying to do it, for those few lines? Could someone
point me in the good direction in that case?

About the gf2x libraries, I looked for them too and they don't seem to
be in Debian. I would volunteer to try and package those, if someone
else thinks it's a good idea to use them too and would be willing to
sponsor me with that.

Cheers,

Andrés