RE : libntl (was Re: Debian singular packages team)

I could be but i have no full internet acess until end of august

Bastien

Le 6 août 2011 22:09, "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> a écrit :

* Lifeng Sun <lifongsun@gmail.com> [110806 16:33]:
> On 16:06 Sat 08/06/11 Aug     , Andrés Goens wrote:
> > I was actually thinking of getting involved with singular by myself,
> > especially after I realized I could use it for my thesis. I would
> > volunteer for helping with it, although I would need a sponsor for
> > that (I'm not DM or DD).
>
> FYI: singular depends on ntl, which is another outdated package
> maintained by Tim Abbott, I think you need take care of it first.

As libntl (at least the Debian version) has a dynamic version added
manually (though the patch looks a bit like it comes from SAGE) and
has a very specific soname (including all three digits of the version),
and some reverse dependencies (not yet even looked at the reverse
build dependencies) it might make sense to start with a new source package
for newer versions of libntl with it's own -dev package name and
gradually use the new one until the old is no longer needed.

Anyone else that is interested in this library or perhaps some other
software depending in it?

       Bernhard R. Link