Re: Installation of GATE 6.1 on Debian Squeeze

Marcelo Santana <marcgsantana@yahoo.com.br> writes:

> [1]http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/

That site is very pretty, but contains no obvious link to sources; I wound up
examining them via http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut/gate/doxygen/html/.

> I'm trying and I've got some errors in compilation as you can see attached

These mostly appear to stem from unconditional usage of conditionally visible
declarations.  More specifically:

> src/GateActions.cc:193: error: ‘GateOutputMgr’ has not been declared

GateActions.cc #includes GateOutputMgr.hh only when G4ANALYSIS_USE_GENERAL is
defined, but then uses GateOutputMgr unconditionally.  One of those policies is
clearly wrong.

> src/GateActions.cc:195: error: ‘GateToRoot’ was not declared in this scope
[...]
> src/GateActions.cc:626: error: ‘ARFDataToRoot’ was not declared in this scope

Likewise, GateToRoot.hh and ARFDataToRoot.hh conditionalize their contents on
G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT, but GateActions.cc uses GateToRoot and ARFDataToRoot
unconditionally.

> src/GateApplicationMgr.cc:700: error: ‘GateUserActions’ has not been declared

In this case, I see no relevant #include directive at all; perhaps something
would #include GateUserActions.hh indirectly if an appropriate macro were
defined, though.

> src/GateSourceMgr.cc:184: error: expected type-specifier before ‘GateSourcePencilBeam’
[...]
> src/GateSourceMgr.cc:189: error: expected type-specifier before ‘GateSourceTPSPencilBeam’

As with GateActions.cc, the headers need G4ANALYSIS_USE_ROOT but the source
uses their types unconditionally.

At a higher level, there's also the problem of why those macros aren't getting
defined, as their names suggest they should be; regardless, the code should
degrade gracefully in their absence, rather than failing even to compile!

I hope this analysis helps.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu