Re: ITP: aster -- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software for engineering simulations

Just a little update: I did a quick test, and it seems that CA can be built and run happily without being linked to metis/metis-edf, but to scotchmetis instead.
So, I'm going to update the package to use that library, then I'll start to dig into the other issues.

But I'm a bit confused with all the scotch/ptscotch and also mumps/mumps-seq,-scotch and -ptscotch: which version of the libraries should be used for the serial build, and which for the parallel build?

Sylvestre: maybe you can review and upload metis-edf and libmetis-edf to non-free? I haven'touched them since they compile and are lintian clean...

Bye
Andrea