Re: Removal of QCAD

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Brett Viren <bv@bnl.gov> wrote:
> Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Speaking as an occasional user: please provide a transitional package.
>
> FWIW, I echo this desire.  I've transitioned from qcad to librecad and
> confirm it is an improvement as well as a successor.  The change in name
> may fool someone into passing over librecad so having the transitional
> package would be useful.
>

> Thanks,
> -Brett.

Thanks for the comments, I'll make it a transitional package when the
libraries are removed.

> PS: is it just me who always reads it as "lib-recad" rather than
> "libre-cad"?

I actually thought the same thing (and got that comment on the ITP
bug), but the existence of libreoffice maybe makes it a little more
palatable as a name. Funny thing is that it uses the LibreDWG library
(which is the libredwg package), which actually is a lib... it's
SONAME and package name will be libredwg, and the the LD flag will be
-lredwg [1]!!

Cheers,
Scott

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libredwg.git/tree/examples/Makefile.am