Re: RFS: cernlib + mclibs + geant321 + paw

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 07:24:32AM +0800, Lifeng Sun wrote:

> On 17:54 Tue 04/12/11 Apr, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > For information, I sponsored these 4 packages.
>
> Thank you very much, Sylvestre. I'd try to package about a dozen of
> high energy physics related softwares for Debian in the following
> weeks.

Cool!  In case you did not noticed the Debian Science tasks
scheme at

    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks

I would like you to have a look.  It might make sense to create a
new task physics-hep if you consider packaging several programs.

If I think this idea even further:  Is it time to start a Debian Physics
Blend now.  IMHO we have reached a critical mass of packages which could
be split into several reasonable categories.  I - as a physicist of
profession (but working not any more in this field) - would definitely
promote such a step (even if I say clearly that Debian Med will remain
my main focus).

Kind regards and thanks again for your work Lifeng