Re: fftw: Usage of SSE in 64bit?

Hi and thanks for reminding me

On Wednesday 06 April 2011 09:21:54 Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> Did you meanwhile file a bug in the Debian bug tracking system, maybe with
> severity "wishlist"?
> Could you provide some test examples?

I'm still working on it, but I already have a few preliminary results:

* For double precision it does not really make any big changes

* however, for single precision I see speed-ups sometimes beyond a factor of
two, but then using FFTW_MEASURE instead of FFTW_ESTIMATE does also give a
nice boost.

I've updated an old tool (dragfft) from my colleagues in Milwaukee, WI, US to
work with fftw3 and will have something to show early next week (if work
permits)

Cheers

Carsten