Re: Removal requests submitted for CERNLIB packages

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:58:19PM +0100, roucaries bastien wrote:
> >    debian/get-orig-source
>
> Will do but after I have repackaged all the whole package...

Fine.

> > When trying to build I get a warning:
> >
> > /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/buildcore.mk:109: WARNING:  DEB_DH_STRIP_ARGS is a deprecated variable
>
> Will fill a bug against cdbs

If I understand things correctly this is not a bug but a feature of cdbs.
You probably need to change your code to something else.

> I like cdbs, I will fill a bug

As I said this is fine for me.  I liked cdbs as well (before the rise of
short dh rules files which took me much less reading of docs to approach
a certain goal).

> > I would have commited straigt into Vcs if this would be the case.
> > (Please reread Debian Science policy how to work with Git.)
>
> Pushed some of my work, but will recreate at end of my work from
> scratch. Will need to change a lot of stuff

OK.  It is just simpler for potential sponsors if the state of VCS is
identical to the state on mentors.debian.net because providing patches
is more simple.

> > E: cernlib source: unknown-file-in-debian-source git-patches
> know bug to gitpkg

OK.

> > E: libcernpackminuit3-dbg: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl
> Will do but strange only in dbg package

No, it is in all packages - I just mentioned the same problem only
once.

> Do you prefer a big package all lib in ones
> or more than twenty package for each libraries ?

I'm a fan of modularisation "if it makes sense".  So no clear yes or no
here - I know this stuff to less to give a better answer.  Just discuss
it on the list.

Thanks for your work on this