Re: reuploading a source package (same version)

why not to augment upstream version? e.g. 3.8.1+1 ? additionally you
could add a note to debian/README.Debian-source or just debian/README
describing the WTF, or just mention in the changelog entry...  I see no
objective reason to mess with ftp removals or waiting for a new release