Depends / Suggests in tasks files (Was: r2356 - projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks)

Hi Christophe,

I'd like to do some minor remark about your latest edit which might be
of interest for others as well.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 09:29:14AM +0000, Debian Pure Blends Subversion Commit wrote:
> Author: prudhomm
> Date: Fri Aug 13 09:29:13 2010
> New Revision: 2356

> -Suggests: libslepc2.3.2-dev
> -Why: non-free

There is no point in adding packages as "Suggests" only for the reason
because they are non-free.  The Blends tools are clever enough to
realise that a package is not in main and will turn and Depends /
Recommends to suggests anyway.

So you should always do the dependency relation just from the *content*
of the package.  The rationale behind this is:  If a package later
moves to main Debian because of a license change we do not need to
maintain the tasks files according to this change.

(I have not changed your edit in case you are really thinking it should
only be suggested.)

Kind regards and tzhanks for working on the tasks files