PhD student in parallel/distributed computing sought

Hi All;

I missed the job BoF at debconf, so I'm taking the liberty of forwarding
an ad for a student.  I'm at Debconf10 in NYC so feel free to track me
down in the next couple days, or send me email.

Candidates are sought for a 3 year funded Ph.D. student position
(subject to availability of funds, 1 year with renewal subject to
satisfactory performance and further availability of funds).  The
position is to start September 1 2010, or as soon as possible
afterwards.

The selected candidate will design, implement, and experimentally
evaluate an open source framework for /parallel tree search/. Tree
search applications such as /SAT/ and /integer programming/ are
characterized by their use of divide-and-conquer to find a solution,
and by the use of a shared knowledge pool to accelerate the search.

Candidates should have a Master's degree in Computer Science or
equivalent. We are particularly interested in candidates with
background in one or more of the following:

- High Performance Computing
- Parallel Programming, particularly distributed memory models.
- SAT solvers
- Discrete Optimization
- Linux/Unix Systems Programming
- Batch systems and cluster computing

Candidates are encouraged to contact

    David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca>

with a resumé and unofficial post-secondary transcripts.