Re: Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 06:19:08PM +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 08:26 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I added you to the Blends project (even if I have not seen any request
> > for join - seems to have failed somehow).  So you should be able to
> > inject your patches.
>
> Done, thanks.

I've just added the Pkg-Description fields for the prospective packages
from the ITP bug.  The description is needed because we are not (yet)
able to parse the WNPP bug automatically (which would be a dream but
possibly hard because people tend to be not very strict in their
formatting.

I also would like to stress here that the prospective packages need a
_Pkg-_Description field.  The package python-scikits-statsmodels was
using a "Description" field which had overriden the Description field
of the metapackage itself.  Perhaps I should make the code more robust
against this kind of typos (did it myself at least three times).

Thanks for your work on the tasks files.  Just note that the missing
Pkg-Description fields are the reason why the prospective packages did
not show up on the tasks page[1], but will do after the next cron job.

BTW, the task page shows a lot of yellow buttons with "go tagging",
missing translations and missing screenshots.  It would be cool if we
could enhance this a bit to enhance the general quality of scientific
packages and attract more users.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/machine-learning