Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian

Dear all,

we have been setting up freshmeat like repositories for machine learning
open source software ( http://mloss.org ) and data sets
( http://mldata.org ) trying to make open source software/open data more
widely known within the machine learning community (also organizing
workshops and establishing in the ``biggest'' machine learning journal
http://jmlr.org).

I would wish to improve integration between the above repositories and
debian. So my question: Who is interested in packaging machine learning
packages? Would it make sense to form a machine-learning maintainer
group (similar to debian med).

In addition, having heard Andrea Tille's talk about debian blends
 http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/machine-learning
I wonder if we could have pointers from mloss.org to the respective
debian packages/wnpp's etc.

Anyone interested in this potentially with even time to work on this?

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962