Re: Debian Science related blog post (about Debian usage @ EDF)

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 02:27:53PM +0200, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> Nice post and I can put a big tick behind any of the items, Debian is just
> great although I'm not understanding why they need "calibre" instead of "pure"
> Debian.

What I not understand why they are not *telling* us their reasons to not
use pure.  That would be an interesting question to find ways to make
Debian (and Debian Science) flexible enough to be taken purely.

> > together? Would this list be appropriate or should I rather request a

I think debian-science list is fine.  It is not too high volume and we might
bear some extra postings.

> debian-hpc sounds nice, but I fear that it will eventually die as well as the
> group of people is very, very small.

Exactly this is the point.