Re: python-matplotlib toolbox basemap

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:08, Robert Pommrich <LeProvokateur@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the reason that the matplotlib toolbox basemap is not in debian? Is there a "debian way" to install this toolbox?

(Why don't you ask the python modules team that is the maintainer of
mpl, or me, that I'm the usual uploader of matplotlib and the owner of
the ITP for matplotlib-basemap?)

The reason is that Debian has not decided yet what's the proper way to
ship big geographical files in a distribution-polite way (there are
several other packages that has them embedded, so we have to find a
way to ship them in a shared manned and have all other packages use
them.

to install it, download the tarball and setup.py install using a
different install prefix (then adjusting PYTHONPATH od sys.path).

Regards,