Re: identity of Pwscf and Quantumespresso

Hi Nicola,

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:35:28PM +0200, Nicola Manini wrote:
> Hello, on
> 	http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/nanoscale-physics
> the two codes
> Pwscf http://www.pwscf.org/
> and
> Quantumespresso http://www.quantum-espresso.org/
> are listed as 2 separate entries at the bottom.
>
> In fact Pwscf is just the old name of Quantumespresso, so you can remove Pwscf.

Thanks for your proofreading of the page.  I CCed Yann Pouillon (and you
- if I know for sure that you both are reading the list I will drop the
CC) who actually injected the paragraphs.

> I am a user of Quantumespresso, and think that the creation of a debian
> package with it would be a very useful addition to debian.
> I know personally the developers of Quantumespresso: I will contact them,
> and see if they might be interested in creating a debian package with
> their code.

It would be most welcome if the upstream authors would build packages
and feel free for technical advise here on the list how to get the
packages policy conform.  Most probably you will find a sponsor here as
well to upload the package to the official Debian mirror.

> Thank you very much for your very useful effort!

Thanks to you for any additional comments or programs in this field
you might know.