Re: Metapackage nanoscale-physics

Le Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:26:11 +0200,
Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> a écrit :

> Well, Yann should rather create
>
>   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks/nanoscale-physics
>   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks/nanoscale-physics-dev
>
> which will be automatically be turned into
>
>   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/nanoscale-physics
>   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/nanoscale-physics-dev

I opened an account on Alioth and checked-out the tasks as you
suggested. I read in the docs that in order to commit, I should use the
svn+ssh protocol, but it just keeps asking me my password. I guess
there is something I misunderstood somewhere.

The tasks for the 2 metapackages are now ready. Could someone tell me
what to do in order to be able to commit? Or I could also send a patch.

> There might be an overlap between the physics tasks but here stays
> true what I frequently said here:  A package can be useful to do more
> than one task and thus it is no problem at all to mention it in
> different tasks.

There indeed is an overlap between physics and nanoscale-physics, which
was of course expected since the very beginning. It is also probable
that some of the new packages brought by the nanoscale-physics
metapackage will go into physics in the future. This is perfectly fine
with me.

> You might consider adding so called prospective package entries [1]
> for packages which you intend to package or where some packaging
> stuff in VCS is done.  This can be quite handy to inform people
> what's going on as well as it is a helbful overview for yourself.

That's what I did. It is now waiting for commit.

> One single remark:  If I personally would need to invent a (technical)
> name I would probably go with nano-physics (saving 5 letters for not
> less understanding) - but that's you decision.

That was already so long and painful to get a consensus on the
metapackage names, that I will for sure not touch them anymore. ;-)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Yann.

--