Re: MPI issue on sparc ? Boost::mpi looks for OpenMPI but it should be LAM no ?

I tried, without success so far, to help cmake(FindMPI.cmake) find the proper mpi implementation.
It still finds openmpi which breaks linkage with boost::mpi

Best regards
C.
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 02:25 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:02:41AM +0200, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
>
> > On my side life depends solely on mpi-default-dev, it seems that some other
> > package don't (e.g. hdf5), isn't it a problem ?
>
> Yes, something like that is likely the problem.
>
> Note that libhdf5-mpi-dev is supposed to alleviate that problem as it
> depends on the default MPI version.  Installing that package should
> not pull in any non-default MPI packages, IMHO.  Adam: any comment?

Indeed, that's the idea: Build-Depend on libhdf5-mpi-dev and
mpi-default-dev and you should have a consistent MPI implementation
across both.

That said, the LAM HDF5 implementation seems to be missing a couple of
libraries, such that for example PETSc doesn't build on architectures
where LAM is the default.  I disabled PETSc HDF5 support on those
arches, but haven't investigated further.

-Adam
--
GPG fingerprint: D54D 1AEE B11C CE9B A02B  C5DD 526F 01E8 564E E4B6

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/