Re: petsc3.1 using lam instead of openmpi ? incompatilbity with boost::mpi...

Hi Christophe,

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 12:35 +0200, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I certainly missed some emails but the recent petsc3.1 upload compiled
> with
>  lam (and not the default openmi) provoked a massive breakage on my
> side:
>  slepc and life (which uses also slepc).

Oh no!  That's my fault, I was testing a couple of packages to fix build
issues with LAM, and must have left the alternative pointing to it.
Sorry about that.

> I managed to recompile life without slepc but I also use boost mpi
> compiled (build-depending on) with mpi-default-dev (as well as life)
> and combining code linked with lam and openmpi generates a nice
>  segfault
>
> is there a place explaining the situation and how to fix my software ?
> I read the discussions on mpi and the move to mpich2 and openmpi
> but did not find guidelines

I'll fix and re-upload now.  But the file $PETSCDIR/conf/base is no
longer part of PETSc as of 3.1, so change "base" to "variables" in the
reverse-depends and you should get what you need.

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/