Re: NARVAL & ENX : two potential new packages

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 01:28:30PM +0100, Xavier Grave wrote:

> My idea to have NARVAL related to debian-science was to ease promote Debian
> in science area where for the moment we have Scientific Linux.

Quoting their homepage[1]:

  SL is a Linux release put together by Fermilab, CERN, and various
  other labs and universities around the world. Its primary purpose is to
  reduce duplicated effort of the labs, and to have a common install base
  for the various experimenters.

  The base SL distribution is basically Enterprise Linux, recompiled
  from source.

If it is about reducing duplicated effort on the labs I'd consider a
Debian Science Blend (perhaps with some preconfiguration sugar as Debian
Edu is doing) a very reasonable way to go.  At least exacly this is
the intention of Debian Science.

[1] http://www.scientificlinux.org/