Re: NARVAL & ENX : two potential new packages

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:55:40PM +0100, xavier grave wrote:
> Very soon I will start to package two software used in our lab : NARVAL
> [1] and ENX [2].
> I would like to know if these packages can be of interest to the Debian
> Science community and so be hosted by Debian (in Squeeze + 1) or if it
> is better to have our own server.
> [1] http://narval.in2p3.fr
> [2] http://enx.in2p3.fr

Both applications sound interesting.  So if you verified that they are
really DFSG free and are willing to care for high quality packaging in
the Debian Science team the usual advantages apply: You might attract
more users to the packaged stuff and thus more testers which can use the
Debian infrastructure (like reportbug etc.) to give reasonable response
and perhaps help.

Kind regards and thanks for considering working in Debian Science