adding an few ubuntu branches in the tango.git package

Hello

I am working with the upstream of the Tango control system [1] fo provide a correct
debian package of their software. But the usptream is using ubuntu (jantry/karmic) instead
of debian.
now that this software is not yet part of debian I am asking for the right to create
two (ubuntu branches karmic/ jantry) in the tango.git repository.
that way I can work the upstream until the package will be ready for inclusion.

Tell me if it hurts or not :)

thanks.

Frederic

[1] http://tango-controls.org