Re: Torque in Debian?

Hi Jordi,

Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 07:58:29PM +0100, Steffen Moeller wrote:
>> Now 2.4 is out and there should only be a single 2.4 branch left.
>
> I understand 2.4 is now stable and the packaging is what can be found
> in trunk. However, I don't see any recent changes to trunk, and the
> changelog is prepared for 2.4.0b1, last modified in December 2008.
> Is this correct, or is there another place where we I should look for a
> newer tree?

Hm. I did something for 2.3.7 which you may want to compare against the
trunk.

> On another topic, some people asked why not move this package to the
> debian-science repo. I tend to agree with them, and it would be fairly
> trivial to do.

given the silence that Morten and I produce, I can only follow you in
your suggestion. I cannot tell if I have commit rights for
debian-science. If you continue caring for torque on Debian, then I
presume to speak for Morten when I now suggest to please adopt the
package and you are free to move it to whereever you want.

The major challenge from my perspective is to remain compatible with the
users of torque under Ubuntu, i.e. the package Morten is maintaining for
years. Sombody may cry foul here, but I am deeply convinced that the
stream of packages from Debian to Ubuntu is something extremely valuable
and we should care about it.

What Daniel once nicely seeded was the separation of the builds for the
command line binaries vs the ones with X GUI. I am uncertain for the
moment if this is in the trunk. If not then please merge it from the
debian branch.

Many greetings

Steffen