Re: Changing section from math to science?

Manuel Prinz <manuel@debian.org> writes:

> I do not see an urgent need to change the section. If you think that
> Yorick can be useful in scientific areas other than maths the "science"
> section seems to be a good candidate. I do not think "interpreter" is
> not the right section to put it in.

Agreed.

> Since this is no urgent change, I suggest you simply change it in the
> next regular upload.

IIRC, the section info known to apt et al. comes from ftpmaster
overrides, which you can get changed by filing a bug against
ftp.debian.org.  I'm not sure whether the .debs should already specify
the desired sections, though.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu