Re: Extensible Simulation Package for Research on Soft matter

Hello,
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:23:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to a hint from Helge Kreutzmann I had a look at ESPResSo++
>
>     http://espresso.scai.fraunhofer.de/
>
> Extensible Simulation Package for Research on Soft matter
>
> ESPResSo is a highly versatile software package for the scientific
> simulation and analysis of coarse-grained atomistic or bead-spring
> models as they are used in soft matter research, with emphasis on
> charged systems.
>
> Helge told me that there are plans to release this as Free Software
> which is currently not announced on their web page.  It might be a
> good idea if somebody would keep an eye on this to make sure we
> will be able to support the process by high quality Debian packages.

This seems to have happened now and work is ongoing for a sucessor.
See http://www.espresso-pp.de/ for general info (with a link to a
wiki) and http://www.espresso-pp.de/scm/?group_id=7 for download
instructions (I did not test if it works, though). Also I don't have
any relations to the software, I just read about it and it sounded
interesting.

Greetings

         Helge