Re: Retiring from Debian

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 02:18:27PM -0500, Brett Viren wrote:
>> "Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > With best wishes to the project,
>>
>> My thanks go out for your good work.  Having Geant4 in Debian packages
>> is very useful.
>
> As far as I understood Kevin we deo *not* have Geant4 in Debian because
> he maintains an unofficial repository under people.d.o.

Right, although the Geant4 packages (due partly to size) are in a
separate location, under
http://lcg-heppkg.web.cern.ch/lcg-heppkg/debian/ .  (I'm pretty sure
Brett is aware of it and meant that it's useful to have Geant4
available in .deb format even unofficially.  I suspect anyone who's
gone through that software's build process by hand agrees.)

>  Somebody should
> care for taking over this stuff in an apropriate Vcs (either SVN or Git)
> of Debian Science and try to form a team which cares for these packages.

Maybe ... there are serious licensing obstacles to making official
packages of most of my unofficial stuff, unfortunately.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/