Re: MPI implementations in squeeze

I understand the final state of the modern Debian infrastructure for MPI
is now in place (modulo the questions around deprecating MPICH and LAM).
That is, the disruptive Open MPI transition is now complete, correct?

>From the point of view of a client package, what is now best practice
for working with MPI?  Is there a website/wiki/document explaining how
to set up an MPI-using package, or is it just a matter of RTFM from
mpi-default-dev?

For context, gerris includes MPI support which is currently switched
off. I would like to create an additional gerris-mpi package which has
MPI switched on.

Thanks,

Drew