Re: "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" on first uploads

Le Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:38:16AM -0300, David Bremner a écrit :
> At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:22:22 +0200,
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Yes.  In this case I would also strongly recommend:
> >
> >   DM-Upload-Allowed: yes
> >
> > to enable you upload permissions once you become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> Just for information, that might not be so well received on -mentors.
>
> See for example,
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/06/msg00232.html and
> others in the same thread.

Hi David,

I think that there are multiple ways to regulate DM upload:

 - The package is DM-Upload-Allowed: yes, but the DM is not yet uploader,
 - The DM is uploader but the package is not yet DM-Upload-Allowed: yes.
 - The pakage is DM-Upload-Allowed: yes, the maintainer is uploader, but not DM.

In all these three scenarios, the DM will not get upload rights by accident.

People on -mentors tend to be more conservative because they are worried that
once upload rights are given, the maintainer will isolate and not seek advices
anmore, but in the case of our team-maintained package, there is much more
control, and many pairs of eyes can see on the commit mailing lists if something
wrong is happening.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy