mpi problems on amd64

First, thank you for getting rmpi working with openmpi.

Second, I have a question.  The r-cran-rmpi changelog (0.5-6-3) mentions
a problem with openmpi and amd64.  Do you have any sense of whether this
would be an issue for the Lenny version of lam?  I know openmpi is a
descendant of lam.

Also, is the problem likely to have effects for uses other then rmpi?

We have a new cluster that is migrating toward Lenny (currently most
nodes are etch) and is amd64 architecture (Xeon, really).  Since the
lenny version of rmpi uses lam, a lam/amd64 problem might bite us.

It looks as if using rmpi with openmpi would require a fairly
significant chunk of unstable (certainly R and openmpi, maybe more
libraries they depend on).  I think our sysadmin would prefer to keep
things more stable.

Thanks.
Ross