Re: note-taking and PDF annotation: jarnal

Michael Hanke wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 05:16:00PM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
>>

>> Xournal is in debian, and seems to work OK.  Is jarnal superior to
>> xournal in some way?

>Okular also has annotation capabilities and is in Debian.

My experience with okular annotation has not been too positive so far.
Some of it is just bugs because the features are new, but also I find
the current okular model of storing the annotations in ~/.kde not very
useful.  On the other hand, okular deals with PDF as PDF, rather than
rasterizing it, as I believe xournal does.  So these two at least have
different niches.

flpsed sounds nice. There is also pdfedit which in principle seems
similar. I haven't really used either.

Do these tools seem appropriate for the increasingly-misnamed
typesetting task?

What about renaming typesetting to "document production"?

David