Re: Torque in Debian?

Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 07:58:29PM +0100, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> Ok. When I come back from vacation, I'll try to merge all my changes to the
> ubuntu branch in trunk, if they still apply.

Many thanks!

> Again,
> I have looked at the licence and I really can't find anything non-free. The
> advertising clause is a pain in the ass, but as far as I know it is DFSG.
The advertisement clause was a problem I had. Another problem was that I did
not get where the termination of the two clauses came from that prohibit the
distribution for commercial purposes. I googled for it and also found it with
the ANL site
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/openpbs/PBS_License.txt
from which I interpret that the termination can be trusted.

> I insist that we shouldn't drop this to non-free without an official ftp-master
> statement, be it an IRC comment, a reply to a mail discussing the topic, or
> via a REJECT message.
There is some old thread about it
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-legal@lists.debian.org/msg22673.html
which ends with no real conclusion.

One can probably argue that the license can be interpreted in a DFSG compatible
manner. Once having reached that state, I can indeed follow you in your
suggestion to upload as DFSG compatible. Morten, am I/are we missing something?

Steffen