Re: Added tags science::calculation and science::visualisation

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 01:04 +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 12:18 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've added two more tags for debian-science, after a discussion we had
> > at Debconf:
> >
> > Tag: science::calculation
> >

> Wouldn't "science::computation" be more appropriate than "calculation" ?
>
> Drew

In an earlier discussion (on debian-science, I think) we talked about
how something like science::computation could be taken as computer
science.  Those who decided can speak for themselves, but that might
have been the reason.  I think it is a reason to avoid
science::computation.

That said, since all programs do computation (I guess packages of data
don't), I'm not sure what the scope of the tag is.

Ross