Re: Sagemath 4.1 in Debian?

Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 11:06 -0400, Michael S. Gilbert a écrit :
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:32:14 +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I would like to know if there is at the moment an effort to package a
> > newer version of sage for debian? I saw that version 4.1.1 was available
> > from their website.
> >
> > The version in sid seems quite old (3.0.5).
>
> i suggest submitting a wishlist bug to the sagemath package.  perhaps
> the maintainer is unaware of the newer version.  if they are active,
> this should prod them into working on it. if not, an interested user
> can offer their help via sponsored uploads. see:
> http://mentors.debian.net.

I happen to have a colleague involved in upstream development of Debian,
and he pointed me to DebianSage (http://wiki.sagemath.org/DebianSAGE).

I assume you knew that page and considered contacting the listed people
for help?

Bye, Mt.

--
My name only appears in the Acknowledgments section where I could have
signed this paper. -- Bastard Reviewer From Hell