Report from LSM, Nantes

Hi,

I just want to give a short report from my Debian Science talk at
LSM in Nantes today[1] (you might also be interested in the specific
biological talk [2]).  I learned that the idea of a Blend to stay
completely integrated into Debian becomes more visible even if I
also had to answer the question which package versions my scientific
derivative might conclude ...  But this well known understanding
was sorted out as well.

It turned out that people are interested in this stuff and
specifically the feature of the web pages to point to a place where
you can upload screenshots and translation of the descriptions (yes,
translation seems to be an issue here in France). So I just want to
point out once more the feautures of the tasks pages like for
instance the chemistry page of Debian Science[3] which has a few
screenshots but not enough.  (Filippo, massXpert should show up
there after the next cron run.)

So it does not matter whether you joined LSM or not - just try
to provide some screenshots and more translations of the package
descriptions.  I intend to announce the new style of tasks pages
with features made possible by using UDD when I'm at DebConf in
Cáceres becasue I'm basically offline before.  It would be more
interesting if there are more screenshots available ...

I also intend to work together with Michael Banck on the DebiChem
tasks to find better categorisations for DebiChem to finalise the
work on this project which is inofficially avialable[4].  If you
have some input into this - feel free to provide it.

Kind regards from Nantes

        Andreas.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200907a_science_blend/
[2] http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200907a_sequence_analysis/