hosting non-free packages in debian-science git repos

Hi All;

After getting OK from alioth admins, I put the non-free
graph-isomorphism package nauty in

    alioth.debian.org:/git/collab-maint/nauty.git

I realized later that the package is most naturally maintained in
debian-science.  This raises two questions:

1) Is it ok with the team if we host non-free packages in
/git/debian/science.

2) If it is ok, then would it be ok for the alioth admins if we adopt
such a policy.

I'm writing this message to sound the debian-science community out on (1).
I'll follow-up with alioth admins if required.