Some questions regarding inclusion to the team

Hi,

I'll introduce myself. My name is Muammar. I'm chemist, and I have been involved in Debian for more than 2 and a half years now (how fast the time pass). I hope all of you are OK. As it was discussed in a previous topic¹, Pavan asked about the mpich2's debian status. I was who submitted an ITP². Lucas Nussbaum has offered to help me either to improve and to upload the package, and I also would like to maintain this package with Debian Science.

I have read Debian Science's wiki page, but I still have some doubts because it is the first time I request inclusion to a Debian Team. Some of the doubts are:

a) Does this package fit better in Debian Science or pkg-scicomp?
b) In the case that it fits in Debian Science, what are the right steps for joining you?

I think that, for team-maintaining the package, I'll need access to Debian Science's alioth project, right?, in that case I have created an account called muammar-guest.

I'd appreciate any information you can give me.

Best Regards,

1. http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-scicomp-devel/2009-June/004196.html
2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=420638
--