Re: mpi problems on amd64

My original question was based on the mistaken assumption that I was on
a node running Lenny.   In fact it was etch, and the lenny version of
rmpi use openmpi (NOT lam, as I said earlier).

However, I'm still having troubles with Rmpi on lenny (amd64); I'm
getting
[n7:04654] mca: base: component_find: unable to open osc pt2pt: file not
found (ignored)
when I run under R without invoking mpirun.  When I use mpirun with R I
get nothing at all.

The message about pt2pt is odd, since the changelog shows that problem
was fixed.  Maybe the fact that it's not in a proper MPI environment is
contributing.

I suspect something about my local setup, or the fact that the saved
image was run under lam, is behind this.

Ross