Re: Help on Ngspice, libdir and getopts

Am Montag, den 06.04.2009, 08:33 +0200 schrieb Gudjon I. Gudjonsson:
> Hi
>     In the last days I have been fixing my ngspice package but then I found
> two errors. I have sent mail to upstream but I send it on this list as well.
>
> 1. The upstream sources contain GPL licensed sources, getopts.c and
> getopts1.c. The rest of the code contains GPL incompatible code so the only
> way is to remove the GPL getopts. Do you know about any usefule BSD getopts
> files?

3- and 2-clause BSD (without the advertising clause) are compatible to
the GPL.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

> 2. I have had problems with different behavior if I build with pdebuild and
> dpkg-buildpackage. One installs into /usr/lib/tcltk and the other
> into /usr/share/tcltk. Now I get the following (very helpful) lintian error
> E: tclspice-dev: incorrect-libdir-in-la-file
> usr/lib/tcltk/libspice.la /usr/share/tcltk != /usr/lib/tcltk
> Does anyone know how to solve this?

That's pretty easy to fix: *Don't* ship .la files :) They cause too much
problems so most packages dropped them. I'm not sure if there is already
an official recommendation to do this. But it is common.

But if your package installs arch-dependent files into /usr/share, this
is clearly a bug in your package you have to fix. If you can provide the
build-logs (use debuild and pdebuild) I will take a look at them to
check, why the locations differ.

Regards, Daniel