Re: Debian Meteorology ?

Dear Alastair,

Regarding emoslib you could also have a look at the ECMWF BUFR and GRIBAPI packages. I have some "kickoff" debian packages on our PAIPIX repository libemos-3.4, gribapi-1.7.0, bufr-3.6.0. They are not suitable for the debian repository but they might include some elements that could be useful.
They are available as source or binary from:
  deb http://mirror.sim.ul.pt/debian-paipix lenny main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://mirror.sim.ul.pt/debian-paipix lenny main contrib non-free
please feel free to pick anything that you may find useful and incorporate in your "proper" debian packages. It would also be nice to include the very sophisticated graphics library magics++-2.6.4 (and magics++-doc) also from ECMWF. It is also available as "kickoff" from the same repository.

All the best,
António Amorim

Alastair McKinstry escreveu:
Hi,

I'm packaging two packages for Debian right now:

* Package name    : EMOSLIB
 Version         : 000360
 Upstream Author : European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts
* License         : LGPL v2
 Programming Lang: F, Fortran
 Description     : ECMWF Interpolation Library

The Interpolation library (EMOSLIB) includes Interpolation software and GRIB, BUFR, CREX encoding/decoding routines. It is used by the ECMWF meteorological archival and retrieval system (MARS) and also by the ECMWF graphics packag MetView.

and
* Package name    : CDO
 Version         : 1.3.0
Upstream Author : Uwe Schulzweida Uwe.Schulzweida@zmaw.de <mailto:Uwe.Schulzweida@zmaw.de>
* URL             : http://www.mpimet.mpg.de/fileadmin/software/cdo/
* License         : GPL2
 Programming Lang: C
Description : Climate Data Operators - tools for climate data manipulation

CDO is a collection of command line Operators to manipulate and analyse Climate model Data. Supported data formats are GRIB, netCDF, SERVICE, EXTRA and IEG. There are more than 400 operators available. The following table provides a brief overview of the main categories.

I know from WNPP that Enrico Zini is packaging grib-api from ECMWF ; is anyone else working on Meteorology or climate software ?
Any comments on creating a Debian meteorology metapackage ?

Regards
Alastair McKinstry

--
Alastair McKinstry , <alastair.mckinstry@ichec.ie <mailto:alastair.mckinstry@ichec.ie>>