Re: Help on Ngspice, libdir and getopts

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson <gudjon@gudjon.org> wrote:

> Hi
>    In the last days I have been fixing my ngspice package but then I found
> two errors. I have sent mail to upstream but I send it on this list as well.
>
> 1. The upstream sources contain GPL licensed sources, getopts.c and
> getopts1.c. The rest of the code contains GPL incompatible code so the only
> way is to remove the GPL getopts. Do you know about any usefule BSD getopts
> files?

Are these actually used?   I suspect they were provided for legacy systems with
missing/incompatible versions of getopts, and may not even be used on debian,
so could be replaced with dummy files that just contain some explanatory
comment:

/* for Debian, we use the system getopts.  Upstream provided GPL versions
** which have been removed to preserve BSD licensing
*/