Re: r-cran-maptools_0.7.16-1_i386.changes REJECTED (fwd)

Hi Stuart,

As far as we are concerned at the GeoDa Center, you're welcome to use
our sample data at http://geodacenter.asu.edu/sdata for all of the
purposes you mention, including sharing them with others, uploading
them on your local server for your students, listing them on your
personal website, simplifying the data, improving it, or other
educational uses. We appreciate listing the credit.

Our primary purpose for making the data available is for our tutorials
and software use. If you or others find them useful for other
purposes, please go ahead. Several of the sample datasets include ESRI
shapefiles and a lot of them are based on US Census data - we're not
sure what the legal restrictions are in this case but I can tell you
that as far as the GeoDa Center is concerned, anyone who wants to use,
add value, make available or any other use they see for our sample
data for non-commercial purposes is welcome to it.

Enjoy.
Julia

--
Julia Koschinsky, Ph.D.