Re: R-cran-vcd for Debian was REJECTED because of missing source documentation

Hi again,

Upstream responded *very* fast by an upgraded tarball - just building
the new package ...

Many thanks

       Andreas.

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:

Hello,

at first I would like to inform you that I plan to package R CRAN Vcd for
the Debian GNU Linux distribution. The final target is the R CRAN Surveillance package which is a nice enhancement for the epidemiology task of Debian Med [1]. I actually prepared a package which worked so far but there is one issue which
is not accepted by ftpmaster: We have to provide the source for all binary
chunks of data - and PDF documents belong into this category.  As you can
see below the source for hcl-colors.pdf is lacking from the source tarball
which I downloaded [2].  Some searching revealed a document at R-forge which
seems to be the source of this document.

I would like to ask you what strategy you would consider reasonable to proceed
now:

 1. Remove hcl-colors.pdf completely from vcd tarball because it becomes
    outdated compared to the version in Colorspace.  I could link inside
    the Debian package to the document inside Colorspace because it depends
    from it anyway so no information is lost.
    In this case I wonder whether you want to remove the PDF from upstream
    tarball yourself.