Re: sagemath 3.0.5 now in sid

Tim Abbott <tabbott@MIT.EDU> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> Since I previously mentioned my efforts to package Sage for Debian here, I
> thought I'd update you guys that Sage (http://sagemath.org) 3.0.5 is now
> available in Debian sid, as the "sagemath" package.

Great.

Should I add it to the Numerical Computation task:

http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/numericalcomputation.html

This collects software like Matlab/IDL (and indeed includes octave and
gnudatalanguage clones of them.

I ask because it is the symbolic capabilities of sage that seem to be
highlighted in the documentation. Perhaps we should add a symbolic
maths metapackage too.

> Version 3.0.5 dates to last July, which is a bit old.  I'm planning to
> update Sage in Debian to 3.3 shortly after it comes out.

Good.

Thanks,

Chris