Re: RFS: avl

George Danchev a écrit :
> On Saturday 31 January 2009 11:58:10 Loïc Fejoz wrote:
>> Dear mentors and debian-science,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "avl".
>> dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/avl/avl_3.27-1.dsc
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an interesting package I've never seen before, although even being
> trained in aerodynamic and flight dynamics I'm feeling almost lost with the
> user interface it provides ;-).
>
> I read avl_doc.txt and session*.txt, but still not sure how to perform trivial
> tasks like computing the elevating force and the drag of a given wing
> profile. It seems I'm unable to enter or supply the values of: the profile
> form and angle of attack coefficients (for both elevation and drag), air
> density, air speed, and the wing area in square units.
>
> Another problem I faced while was plotting sample *.avl files (for instance: I
> did ../bin/avl wing, then OPER followed by G) is that the plotted image gets
> rubbered off when I move other windows over it or when I partially move that
> x11plot window out of my screen and then drag it back. Is this a known
> problem with Xplot11 driver? I wish the GUI has been Qt/GTK/Wx, but
> nevermind ;-)
>
> Other than that, you can remove the trailing dot from the short description as
> suggested by policy and lintian, and extend the long description a little
> bit.

Ok, I will do that.

For the interface, you are right. It is not easy at all! I am still
learning...

As said previously, I am interested by this package, just because the
flight simulator CRRCSim use it. By the way, I will ITP it later. Note
that there is already an Ubuntu ITP for it.

For using it, there is a few tutorials:
http://jeklink.net/projects/crrcsim_avl_guide.html
http://crrcsim.berlios.de/wiki/index.php?n=CRRCsim.MkgOfFlexiTwo

--