Re: What would you like to see in a book about Matplotlib?

Sandro,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
> I received the interesting proposal to author a book on Matplotlib,
> the powerful 2D plotting library for Python.
>
> While preparing the arguments list, I'd like to hear even your
> opinion, because different points-of-view will lead to a better
> product.
>
> Some basic question I'd like to ask are:

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, and I would like
to see a large section or chapter devoted to curve fitting. This is of
course more strictly a scipy concern rather than matplotlib itself,
but I feel that fitting data is a little bit harder than it should be,
partially due to lack of good and thorough documentation and examples.
(Furthermore I think the way to do it is a little bit awkward, but
that's another issue entirely. It is for this reason and others that I
usually prefer using gnuplot for fitting.)

Good luck,

--
Michael V. DePalatis
Georgia Institute of Technology