Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Am Sonntag, den 12.10.2008, 13:53 +0200 schrieb Michael Banck:
> Personally, I think this (both a dh_* script and debconf) is
> overengineering.
>
> If we want to have files in /usr/share/doc/<package>, why can't we just
> use dh_installdocs for now?

If we want to provide just citation information, this is enough for
sure. If we want to provide something like a citation database in one or
several bibliographic formats, dh_installdocs is IMHO not sufficient and
will lead to chaos. But I'm happy to be proven wrong. ;)

Starting with dh_installdocs for now is of course reasonable. Having a
citation database would be a long-term goal. Sorry for being unclear
about that.

Best regards
Manuel