Re: Something similar as FEMM

On 07/06/2008, Renato S. Yamane <yamane@diamondcut.com.br> wrote:
>  FreeFEM is very hard to work. Documentation is not enought, man page is
>  not enought.

I'm not sure if it's packaged for Debian, but the freefem
documentation seems to be up-to-date here:

     http://www.freefem.org/ff++/ftp/freefem++doc.pdf

Like I said, I don't work with freefem or FEM for that matter. I have
seen others use it to great advantage, though. I don't know how hard
they had to work to get things done with it.

>  I need a software like <http://femm.foster-miller.net>, only to work
>  with magnetic fields (to develop Loudspeakers).

It's a shame that this software is semi-free (commercial restriction)
and Windows-only. My own school CIMAT develops GiD together with
researchers in Spain, and they chose to make it non-free. :-(

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

- Jordi G. H.