Re: Software for poster presentations

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 05:16:48AM +0300, George Serbanut wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> For poster presentation and not for slides, try GIMP. For diagrams, I
> suggest you DIA. For plotting, I am sure you are familiar with PAW/ROOT
> (used especially in high energy physics and nuclear physics), or GNUplot or
> VTK if your field is more connected with math/engineering/computing.
>
> I hope you will find GIMP and DIA satisfactory for your needs.

I just discovered this week that dia doesn't allow you to rotate text
in the diagram.  Not even by 90 degrees!

If rotation or high-quality text is important, you can try Ipe which
uses LaTeX to render text.  Thus you can annotate your figure with
beautiful text including mathematics, should you wish.

Regards,
-Steve